Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Ava B.

So my youngin' turned 2 years old yesterday... I can't believe it has been 2 years already!!! Last year we had a big party for her 1st birthday, this year, it was just family and a neighbor/friend of mine who came. We wanted it to be smaller this year but I was still tired out from the planning. I made her a shirt with the number 2 on it, and my friend had a skirt made for her... she looked so cute. Ava is ALL ABOUT Dora, so that was this year's theme. I knew I wanted her outfit to represent Dora colors, but I didn't want any logos....this is why I decided on a handmade outfit. Plus I always feel like it is more special that way =)

This is the shirt I made, I was more than pleased with the way it turned out! I got the directions on how to make it from This site. The directions were very easy to follow, and it didn't take too long... but I won't be making these every day. Although I am thinking about making one with her name...maybe.
Here is the entire outfit, not the best picture but we hope to get professional ones done this week.

Her daddy and I were exhausted, but she had the best day ever, so it was totally worth it... her smile made me happy I took the time and effort even though she had no idea what all the fuss was about....

4 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!!! One day she will know how Blessed she is to have such loving and wonderful parents. Peace and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.... can we please see some hair pics. Thanks. Peace and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looked adorable! job well done momma, lol.

    ReplyDelete